Although our summer months are very popular in Estes Park, winter is one of our favorite times. Not only is the snow fall beautiful, but the peace and quiet is in abundance. Winter in Estes is the time of year that allows us all to take a step back, breathe and rejuvenate within our beautiful mountain setting. If you’re thinking about taking a vacation or a quick getaway to the Rocky Mountains this winter, let us give you a few ideas to plan the perfect, relaxing trip! Whether you prefer a relaxing indoor retreat or a winter outdoor adventure, here’s a few helpful tools to guide your experience:
Stay Indoors or Go Play Outdoors!
If you’re looking for a nice indoor setting with beautiful mountain views, we suggest either staying in one of our many cabins (many have a fireplace, but you must book those specifically) or a lodge room (which includes two free breakfasts)!
Here’s a list of suggestions for winter at YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park:
- Go winter hiking with your pet on one of our many of our trails
- Climb indoors on our 35′ foot realistic rock wall
- Take a free, guided snowshoe hike into Rocky Mountain National Park
- Ice skate on Dorsey Pond
- Attend a winter campfire and s’mores outdoors
- Cozy up next to one of our many fireplaces
- Enjoy coffee on one of our 9 big porches around property
- Take a visit to our library and read a book for a whole weekend or attend a children’s story-time
- Visit our Dorsey Museum and learn about the history of the Rocky Mountains
- Go take a swim in our indoor pool
- Go roller skating in our indoor roller rink
- Visit our craft and design center and DIY your heart out
- Visit our game room and play a round of pool
- Remember board games? We have them in abundance! Invite the kids to play a game with you!
- Sip on some coffee at our Rustic Cafe (located in the Admin Building)
- Enjoy the peace and quiet in the mountain setting
- Play a pick-up game of basketball or volleyball in the Longhouse Gym
- Go shopping at our General Store/Gift shop located in the Admin Building or the Gear Shop in the Boone Family Mountain Center to pick up clothing, decor, souvenirs, hiking gear, snowshoes, guide books and much more
Book your cabin or lodge room now to experience the magic of winter at YMCA of the Rockies by booking online or call our friendly reservationists at 888-613-9622.