What to expect
Welcome to YMCA of the Rockies! We are glad you are joining us!
YMCA of the Rockies reopening after the COVID-19 crisis and we are looking forward to sharing our wide-open spaces, mountain views and fresh air with you! For your health and safety, we are making decisions about our operations based on our local and state health agency orders and guidelines. As a result, the guest experience at YMCA of the Rockies will be a little different this year. Entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park has changed, as an advanced reservation is now required to enter the park. We encourage you to visit the RMNP’s website for more information and book your entry time.
As the COVID-19 situation develops and new recommendations and health orders are implemented, our processes and procedures are also changing in response. We are working hard to make sure your stay here is restful, relaxing and safe. Please be patient with us as we adjust to the new way of doing things.
Here is what you can expect as of June 26, 2020.
Guest Safety Guidelines and Practices
Consistent with Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home, YMCA of the Rockies is committed to protecting the health of our staff and our guests.
Current orders require the use of face coverings inside any business. This includes all buildings at Estes Park Center with the exception of your lodging unit. Many businesses within the town of Estes Park also require face coverings while in a business.
We also request guests follow appropriate social distancing practices, maintaining a six-foot distance from other guests and staff.
YMCA of the Rockies staff are following social distancing requirements, wearing face coverings and gloves as mandated, telecommuting whenever possible, practicing appropriate personal hygiene, and passing a daily temperature and symptom assessment to ensure they remain home if sick.
The process to check-in, get your keys and find your accommodations has changed in order to keep everyone at a safe physical distance and avoid large gatherings of people in one place.
- When you arrive in the town of Estes Park, please call 970-586-3341 so we can begin to prepare for your arrival at curb-side check-in.
- A check-in station will be located in the Administration Building parking lot.
- You will be greeted in your car to receive the location of your cabin or lodge room and further information about your stay.
- If you have a late arrival, please ring the doorbell at the front of the Administration Building and a staff member will promptly help you.
- Every adult in your party will be required to sign a Guest Assumption of Risk Waiver You may download it now and print and sign it to reduce the time spent checking in.
- When you check out, please leave your keys inside your lodge room or cabin.
- You will receive an email with a copy of your final folio. Do not go to the front desk. We encourage you to charge the credit card on file and using in-house room charges while on property. The use of cash is discouraged at this time.
Please check your pre-arrival emails and this webpage for the most current, specific information as your date of arrival gets closer. This page will be updated regularly as new information, processes and procedures are available. Limited entrance to the Administration Building is available from 7 AM – 10 PM. Please call extension “0” if you need to reach a front desk attendant.
Programs and Activities
Due to local and state health restrictions, activities may have certain procedures and guidelines. Please view our weekly and seasonal Activity Guides for the most current information and available activities for the upcoming weeks and a link to registration information. Most programs and activities, including the swimming pool, require advance reservations. Capacity is limited so please plan accordingly. For more information about activities or to reserve, call 970-586-3341 x1104.
- Fire rings if less than 8 or 10 people. Reservation required.
- Mini golf
- Camp-My-Way, a day camp experience
- Disc golf
- Fly Fishing
- Dog Park
- To-go Craft Kits
- Craft & Design Center: Tie dye, family crafts (wood and ceramics), jewelry, silk painting, basket weaving, leather stamping and glass fusing
- Escape Room
- Axe Throwing
- Roller Skating
- Bird Banding Program
- Bike Rentals
- Guided Hikes into Rocky Mountain National Park and custom, private guided hikes tailored to your interests
- Outdoor Climbing Wall
- Concierge-Style Family Programs including: Animal Detective, Little Explorers, Fire Quest, Bubbles, Bear Talk, Treasure Trek, Bingo, Trivia, Star Gazing, Geocaching, night hikes, Parachute Games, Survival, Creek Stomping, Treasure Trek, Knots, Wolves, Science Experiments Bugs. Class will be one immediate family per guide and advance reservations required.
- Museum Tours, and Guided History Walking Tours, one guide per family
- Horseback riding
- Trails on property for hiking and biking – Trail Map
- Library Book Check-Out & limited open library hours
- Swimming Pool, pool capacity limited to 20 people. Advance reservations required.
Day Camp programs look a bit different this year, but our staff are looking forward to sharing these new Day Camp programs with you this summer.
Sunday Worship will be available virtually. Visit the Chapel Ministry Facebook page to watch and learn when more programs and activities become available.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
Rocky Mountain National Park is open with restrictions. Please read information on the park website to be prepared for your visit to the park. An advance reservation must be made to enter Rocky Mountain National Park. Reservations can be made at recreation.gov. For more information call Rocky Mountain National Park directly at (970) 586-1206 or visit the official national park website. Pre-registered activities through YMCA of the Rockies including YMCA guided hikes, YMCA guided fly fishing trips and YMCA horseback rides include entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. If you are hiking on-foot into RMNP from the YMCA of the Rockies, a entry fee to RMNP must be obtained but a timed-reservation is not needed for on-foot hikers. Please note that RMNP shuttle service is extremely limited and we are advising that catching a shuttle on-foot from the YMCA will not be available this summer.
Food and Dining
Enjoy fresh and tasty meals and snacks at a variety of our restaurants and cafes. Also available are convenient options include easy grocery pick up, many to-go meal options, pizza and more:
- Easy Grocery Ordering & Pick-up by request
- Take out Family Pick-Up Meal Options
- In- restaurant dining, take out and to go items from The Rustic Cafe
- In-restaurant dining, take out and to go items from The Pine Room Restaurant
- Take out pizza from Y’s Guys Pizza
- Restaurants in the town of Estes Park are open to guests for in-restaurant dinding and many are offering take-out options. Learn more
For food, retail and activities, please pay using the following options, a credit card/debit card, allowing us to easily charge it to your room or use cash to purchase a YMCA gift card from the front desk to use at food/activity outlets. Cash will not be accepted unless used to purchase a gift card to use throughout your stay.