Welcome to YMCA of the Rockies! We are glad you are joining us!
YMCA of the Rockies is open and we are looking forward to sharing our wide-open spaces, mountain views and fresh air with you! For your health and safety, we are making decisions about our operations based on our local and state health agency orders and guidelines due to COVID-19. As a result, the guest experience at YMCA of the Rockies will be a little different this year.
As the COVID-19 situation develops and new recommendations and health orders are implemented, our processes and procedures are also changing in response. We are working hard to make sure your stay here is restful, relaxing and safe. Please be patient with us as we adjust to the new way of doing things.
GUEST SAFETY GUIDELINES AND PRACTICES
Consistent with Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home, YMCA of the Rockies is committed to protecting the health of our staff and our guests.
Current state orders require the use of face coverings inside any business. This includes all buildings at YMCA of the Rockies with the exception of your lodging unit, learn more here. We also request guests follow appropriate social distancing practices, maintaining a six-foot distance from other guests and staff.
YMCA of the Rockies staff are following social distancing requirements, wearing face coverings and gloves as mandated, telecommuting whenever possible, practicing appropriate personal hygiene, and passing a daily temperature and symptom assessment to ensure they remain home if sick.
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff and has enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures. These cleaning protocols are recommended by the CDC and state and local public health officials. All staff members are required to wear masks when working within 6-feet of others, and guests are required to wear masks when entering buildings or when in outdoor situations where a 6-foot distance is not possible. All staff members must pass a health screening before reporting to their shifts each day.
All public areas of YMCA of the Rockies buildings are deeply sanitized on a regular basis using hospital-grade EPA approved agents and virus eliminating chemicals. High-touch areas are sanitized multiple times per day with CDC-recommended cleaning materials.
We have made some changes to the check-in and check-out process to in order to keep everyone at a safe physical distance and avoid large gatherings of people in one place.
- When you arrive at the YMCA, please proceed to the front desk at the Administration Building to check-in. Guests must wear a mask and keep at least a 6-foot distance from others while inside.
- Every adult in your party will be required to sign a Guest Assumption of Risk Waiver. You may download it now, print, sign it and bring with you to the front desk to reduce the time spent checking in. Please do not email it in advance.
- When you check out, please leave your keys inside your lodge room or cabin.
- You will receive an email with a copy of your final bill. Please, do not go to the front desk. We encourage you to charge the credit card on file and using in-house room charges while on property. The use of cash is discouraged at this time.
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Due to local and state health restrictions, activities may have certain procedures and guidelines. Please view our weekly Activity Guides for the most current information and available activities for the upcoming weeks and a link to registration information. Most programs and activities, including the swimming pool, require advance reservations. Capacity is limited so please plan accordingly. For more information about activities or to reserve, call 970-586-3341 x1104.
- Mini golf, equipment available at Sweet Memorial
- Disc golf
- Dog Park
- To-go Craft Kits
- Craft & Design Center
- Escape Room
- Axe Throwing
- Roller Skating
- Bird Banding Program
- Mountain Bike Rentals
- Indoor Gym (basketball/volleyball)
- Guided Hikes into Rocky Mountain National Park
- Climbing Wall
- Family Programs including: Animal Detective, Little Explorers, Fire Quest, Bubbles, Bear Talk, Treasure Trek, Bingo, Trivia, Star Gazing, Geocaching, night hikes, Parachute Games, Survival, Creek Stomping, Treasure Trek, Knots, Wolves, Science Experiments Bugs. Class size limited.
- Museum Tours, and Guided History Walking Tours, one guide per family and the staff alumni cabin
- Horseback riding
- Trails on property for hiking and biking – Trail Map
- Library Book Check-Out & limited open library hours
- Playgrounds, not sanitized – use at your own discretion
- Swimming Pool, pool capacity limited to 20 people. Advance reservations required.
- Chapel Ministry programs, Sunday Worship will be available virtually. Visit the Chapel Ministry Facebook page to learn more.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
Rocky Mountain National Park is open with restrictions. Please read information on the park website to be prepared for your visit to the park. An advance reservation must be made to enter Rocky Mountain National Park this summer and fall through October 13th. Reservations can be made at recreation.gov. For more information call Rocky Mountain National Park directly at (970) 586-1206 or visit the official national park website. Lodging guests of YMCA of the Rockies are allowed to hike into RMNP from the YMCA of the Rockies; an entry fee to RMNP must be obtained but a timed-reservation is not needed. Please note that RMNP shuttle service is extremely limited and we are advising that catching a shuttle on-foot from the YMCA will not be available.
FIRE BAN & CAMERON PEAK WILDFIRE INFORMATION
Due to the extreme dry and warm conditions, YMCA of the Rockies has issued a ban on all wood-burning fires (indoor & outdoor), charcoal grills and gas fire rings. Currently no wood-burning fires are allowed in cabin fireplaces. This ban is in place until further notice. Learn more. There continues to be no threat to YMCA of the Rockies at this time from the Cameron Peak wildfire, but we are pleased to partner with our local agencies to host the fire crews bravely heading out to fight the Cameron Peak Fire. You may see fire crews and fire vehicles entering and exiting the YMCA of the Rockies property. Many thanks to all those working to contain the Cameron Peak Fire. Learn more about the status of the fire at facebook.com/CameronPeakFire
FOOD & DINING
Enjoy fresh and tasty meals and snacks at a variety of our restaurants and cafes. Also available are convenient options include easy grocery pick up, many to-go meal options, pizza and more:
- Easy Grocery Ordering & Pick-up by request. Available daily. Call 970-586-3341 x1102 to order between 12pm – 7pm.
- Take out Family Pick-Up Meal Options. Call 970-586- 3341 x1102 to order between 12pm – 7pm. Available 7 days a week. Please give at least one day advance notice.
- Take out and to go items from The Rustic Cafe. Order from cafe counter. Open daily, 7am – 8pm.
- Take out pizza from Y’s Guys Pizza. Open 12pm- 8pm, Thursday – Tuesday. Call 970-586-3341 x1144 to order.
For food, retail and activities, please pay using the following options, a credit card/debit card, allowing us to easily charge to your room or use cash to purchase a YMCA gift card from the front desk to use at food/activity outlets. Cash will not be accepted unless used to purchase a gift card to use throughout your stay.
WIFI & CELL SERVICE
WiFi is provided in each of the cabins and lodges. Internet upgrades are available for a fee if additional bandwidth beyond basic WiFi is needed, please request upon arrival. Cell service varies by carrier, cell service can be limited depending on your location on property. Please note you are in a mountain area and cell service can be limited throughout the Estes Park area.