Welcome to YMCA of the Rockies! We are glad you are joining us!
YMCA of the Rockies is open and we are looking forward to sharing our wide-open spaces, mountain views and fresh air with you! For your health and safety, we are making decisions about our operations based on our local and state health agency orders and guidelines due to COVID-19. As a result, the guest experience at YMCA of the Rockies will be a little different this year.
As the COVID-19 situation develops and new recommendations and health orders are implemented, our processes and procedures are also changing in response. We are working hard to make sure your stay here is restful, relaxing and safe. Please be patient with us as we adjust to the new way of doing things.
GUEST SAFETY GUIDELINES AND PRACTICES
Consistent with Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment public health guidelines, YMCA of the Rockies is committed to protecting the health of our staff and our guests.
Current state orders require the use of face coverings inside any business. This includes all buildings at YMCA of the Rockies with the exception of your lodging unit, learn more here. We also request guests follow appropriate social distancing practices, maintaining a six-foot distance from other guests and staff.
YMCA of the Rockies staff are following social distancing requirements, wearing face coverings and gloves as mandated, telecommuting whenever possible, practicing appropriate personal hygiene, and passing a daily temperature and symptom assessment to ensure they remain home if sick.
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff and has enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures. These cleaning protocols are recommended by the CDC and state and local public health officials. All staff members are required to wear masks when working within 6-feet of others, and guests are required to wear masks when entering buildings or when in outdoor situations where a 6-foot distance is not possible. All staff members must pass a health screening before reporting to their shifts each day.
All public areas of YMCA of the Rockies buildings are deeply sanitized on a regular basis using hospital-grade EPA approved agents and virus eliminating chemicals. High-touch areas are sanitized multiple times per day with CDC-recommended cleaning materials.
GROUPS, EVENTS & REUNIONS
Learn more about how we are currently hosting groups, events and reunions. Please call our conference department at 970-586-3341 x1021 for more information and details.
We have made some changes to the check-in and check-out process to in order to keep everyone at a safe physical distance and avoid large gatherings of people in one place.
- When you arrive at the YMCA, please proceed to the front desk at the Administration Building to check-in. Guests must wear a mask and keep at least a 6-foot distance from others while inside.
- Every adult in your party will be required to sign a Guest Assumption of Risk Waiver. You may download it now, print, sign it and bring with you to the front desk to reduce the time spent checking in. Please do not email it in advance.
- When you check out by 10 A.M., please leave your keys inside your lodge room or cabin.
- You will receive an email with a copy of your final bill. Please, do not go to the front desk. We encourage you to charge the credit card on file and using in-house room charges while on property. The use of cash is discouraged at this time.
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Due to local and state health restrictions, activities may have certain procedures and guidelines. Please view our weekly Activity Guides for the most current information and available activities for the upcoming weeks and a link to registration information. Most programs and activities, require advance reservations. Capacity is limited so please plan accordingly. For more information about activities or to reserve, call 970-586-3341 x1104 or email email@example.com.
Day passes for guests not staying in YMCA of the Rockies lodging can be purchased for access to our program facilities and activities. $25 for adults, $10 for children 6-12, and children 5 and under are free.
- Mini golf, equipment available at Sweet Memorial
- Disc golf
- Dog Park
- Craft & Design Center (Open Thurs. – Mon.)
- Escape Room, limited sessions
- Archery (Open Fri. – Mon.)
- Mountain Bike Rentals
- Guided Hikes – Saturdays
- Roller Skating (Open Fri. – Mon.)
- Climbing Wall & Boone Family Mountain Center (open Fri. – Mon.)
- Sledding Hill (snow and weather dependent)
- Family Programs. Class size limited.
- Museum Tours, and self-guided audio history walking tours and the staff alumni cabin
- Trails on property for hiking and biking – Trail Map
- Library Book Check-Out & limited open library hours
- Playgrounds, not sanitized – use at your own discretion
- Chapel Ministry programs, Sunday Worship will be available virtually. Visit the Chapel Ministry Facebook page to learn more.
- Longhouse Gym (basketball, volleyball, etc.).
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
Is open with some restrictions and limited indoor services. Some areas of Rocky Mountain National Park are currently closed. For more information call Rocky Mountain National Park directly at (970) 586-1206 or visit the official national park website.
TOWN OF ESTES PARK
The town of Estes Park is open and looking forward to welcoming guests. At this time shopping downtown is open with limited capacity inside of stores. Restaurants are open for limited in-restaurant dining and most restaurants are offering to-go meals. Safeway grocery store and the Country Market are open for grocery needs. Please prepare for your visit by learning more about individual business or services you are interested in before you arrive. Masks are required for entering any indoor facility.
FOOD & DINING
Enjoy fresh and tasty meals and snacks. Currently all dining is to-go only, due to county health regulations. Available convenient options:
- The Rustic Cafe, located in the Administration/Check In Building. Order grab-and-go items from cafe counter. Seating limited to 25 people at tables of 4. Limited Hours.
- Spruce Dining Room, located behind the Administration Building. A variety of to-go options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Seating is limited to 4 persons per table and a maximum of 40 people. Open daily, Breakfast: 7am – 9am, Lunch: 11:30am – 1pm, Dinner: 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
Guests on meal plans can pick up their to-go meals from the Spruce Dining Room. Meal tickets can be purchased at the front desk. Call the menu line to find out today’s menu, 970-586-3341 x 1109.
For food, retail and activities, please pay using the following options, a credit card/debit card, allowing us to easily charge to your room or use cash to purchase a YMCA gift card from the front desk to use at food outlets and Craft and Design Center. Cash will not be accepted unless used to purchase a gift card to use throughout your stay.
WIFI & CELL SERVICE
WiFi is provided in each of the cabins and lodges. Internet upgrades are available for a fee if additional bandwidth beyond basic WiFi is needed, please request upon arrival. Cell service varies by carrier, cell service can be limited depending on your location on property. Please note you are in a mountain area and cell service can be limited throughout the Estes Park area.