What to expect
Welcome to YMCA of the Rockies! We are glad you are joining us!
YMCA of the Rockies is in its first stage of reopening after the COVID-19 crisis and we are looking forward to sharing our wide-open spaces, mountain views and fresh air with you! For your health and safety, we are making decisions about our operations based on our local and state health agency orders and guidelines. As a result, the guest experience at YMCA of the Rockies will be a little different this year.
As the COVID-19 situation develops and new recommendations and health orders are implemented, our processes and procedures are also changing in response. We are working hard to make sure your stay here is restful, relaxing and safe. Please be patient with us as we adjust to the new way of doing things.
Here is what you can expect as of May 22, 2020.
Guest Safety Guidelines and Practices
Consistent with Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home, YMCA of the Rockies is committed to protecting the health of our staff and our guests.
Current orders require the use of face coverings inside any business. This includes all buildings at Estes Park Center with the exception of your lodging unit. Please note: through June 10, the Town of Estes Park is also requiring face coverings outdoors within the downtown business district. Learn more
We also request guests follow appropriate social distancing practices, maintaining a six-foot distance from other guests and staff. Gatherings of more more than 10 people are prohibited.
YMCA of the Rockies staff are following social distancing requirements, wearing face coverings and gloves as mandated, telecommuting whenever possible, practicing appropriate personal hygiene, and passing a daily temperature and symptom assessment to ensure they remain home if sick.
Learn more about our Guest Safety Guidelines and Protocols.
The process to check-in, get your keys and find your accommodations has changed in order to keep everyone at a safe physical distance and avoid large gatherings of people in one place.
- When you arrive in the town of Estes Park, please call 970-586-3341 so we can begin to prepare for your arrival at curb-side check-in.
- A check-in station will be located in the Administration Building parking lot.
- You will be greeted in your car to receive the location of your cabin or lodge room and further information about your stay.
- If you have a late arrival, please ring the doorbell at the front of the Administration Building and a staff member will promptly help you.
- Every adult in your party will be required to sign a Guest Assumption of Risk Waiver You may download it now and print and sign it to reduce the time spent checking in.
- When you check out, please leave your keys inside your lodge room or cabin.
- You will receive an email with a copy of your final folio. Do not go to the front desk. We encourage you to charge the credit card on file and using in-house room charges while on property. The use of cash is discouraged at this time.
Please check your pre-arrival emails and this webpage for the most current, specific information as your date of arrival gets closer. This page will be updated regularly as new information, processes and procedures are available. Limited entrance to the Administration Building is available from 7 AM – 10 PM. Please call extension “0” if you need to reach a front desk attendant.
Programs and Activities
Due to local and state health restrictions, activities must be limited to no more than eight people.
Please view our weekly and seasonal Activity Guides for the most current information. Due to current health orders, at this time Day Camp is closed to children who live outside of the Estes Valley, click here for more information about Day Camp.
- Socially distanced outdoor spaces, including single picnic tables
- Fire rings if less than 8 or 10 people. Reservation required at 970-586-3341 x1104.
- Mini golf
- Disc golf
- Fly Fishing
- Dog Park
- To-go Craft Kits
- Bike Rentals
- Virtual Historical Program Tours
- Horseback riding
- Trails on property for hiking and biking – Trail Map
- Library Book Check-Out
Sunday Worship will be available virtually. Visit the Chapel Ministry Facebook page to watch and learn when more programs and activities become available.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
Rocky Mountain National Park is open with restricitons. Please read information on the park website to be prepared for your visit to the park. Starting June 4th, an advance reservation must be made to enter Rocky Mountain National Park. Reservations can be made at recreation.gov. For more information call Rocky Mountain National Park directly at (970) 586-1206 or visit the official national park website.
- Picnic areas, and other program/activity areas where gathering above 8 or 10 can occur
Food and Dining
Although our dining hall and restaurants are closed to seating and in-person dining, we have made a variety of food and dining options available:
- Easy Grocery Ordering & Pick-up by request
- Take out Family Pick-Up Meal Options
- Take out and to go items from The Rustic Cafe
- Take out and to go items from The Pine Room restaurant
- Take out pizza from Y’s Guys Pizza
- Restaurants in the town of Estes Park are gradually opening to guests and many are offering take-out options. Learn more
For food, retail and activities, please pay using the following options, a credit card/debit card, allowing us to easily charge it to your room or use cash to purchase a YMCA gift card from the front desk to use at food/activity outlets. Cash will not be accepted unless used to purchase a gift card to use throughout your stay.
This summer YMCA of the Rockies will not be offering activity day passes to guests who are not staying in lodging at YMCA of the Rockies. We hope to resume the sale of day passes once it is safe to do so.