Unlike many businesses the Y does not share your information with any businesses other than those which are contracted to assist the Y in delivery of its services. Those businesses are not allowed to share your personal information to serve other clients.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and process the following types of information, including data that relates to identified or identifiable individuals – this is referred to as “personal Information”. (note, specific personal information elements listed in each category are only examples and may change):
Contact Information: Personal information used to contact an individual, e.g. email address(es), physical address(es), phone number(s), or social media or communications platform usernames/handles, as well as a name or other salutation.
Transaction Information: Personal information we collect in connection with a transaction or purchase, such as the lodging, conference, or activities you booked, the price, the delivery location, zip code, and other similar information.
Identity Information: Personal information about you and your identity, such as your name, ID/driver’s license number, gender, marital status, date of birth, social security number, photo/avatar, username, and other personal information you may provide on applications, registration forms, or as part of an account profile (e.g. biographical information).
Financial Data: Personal information relating to financial accounts or services, e.g. a credit card, bank, or other financial account numbers, and other relevant information you provide in connection with a financial transaction.
Special Category Data: Personal information revealing racial, national, or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or biometric data, health information, or information relating to sex life or sexual orientation.
Device Data: Personal information relating to your device, browser, or application e.g. IP addresses, MAC addresses, application ID/AdID/IDFA, identifiers from cookies, session navigation history and similar browsing metadata, and other data generated through applications and browsers, including cookies and similar technologies.
Location Data: Personal information relating to your precise location, such as information collected from your device’s GPS or other precise localization service.
Custom Content: Information that a user provides in a free text or other unstructured format, or pursuant to custom fields created by a Client; this may include personal information or Special Category information to the extent provided by the user.
In addition to personal information, we also sometimes collect “non-personal information,” which is information that does not identify you. Examples of non-personal information include:
- age range and
- gender, or
- aggregate information (see Aggregate Information later in this document)
The personal information that we collect depends on what services you use or information that you request. You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. Our collection and processing of your information is based on different contexts: our performance of a contract, our obligations under law, our legitimate interest in conducting our business, protection of a natural person’s vital interests and/or upon your consent. You may withdraw consent at any time where consent is the lawful basis for processing your information. We collect, process, and use your personal information in the following ways:
- Registration and Transactional Data
When you use our website to make reservations for our lodging and services, we collect various kinds of personal information, including your first and last name, email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information is used to process your requests, manage your account, or to send you information about YMCA of the Rockies, our services or offerings. The information may also be used to create a convenient and easy-to-use online reservation service. When you make purchases through our website, we collect information such as email address(es), and credit card information in order to process your purchase. When YMCA of the Rockies processes your order, it may send your Information to, and also use the resulting data from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- Membership Application
When you apply to become a member of YMCA of the Rockies, we collect your name, address, date of birth, phone numbers and email address, as well as the names and dates of birth of immediate family members who live in your household. Your name and date of birth, and that of your immediate family members over the age of 18, are checked against the National Sex Offender Registry per our Membership Policy.
From time to time, we will send you surveys. The surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest and familiarity with YMCA of the Rockies or our products and services) and guest feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary. With each request, you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Such survey information will be used solely to improve our products and services and the overall experience on our website and with our reservation system. We do not share survey data with any entity outside of YMCA of the Rockies.
- Guest Service Correspondence
We collect information that identifies you individually, such as your first and last name, home address, email address, and phone numbers when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to us. We use that information to verify your identity and to respond to your correspondence.
- Internal Analysis
We use data about you for statistical, design or operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size, to measure aggregate traffic patterns and/or to understand demographics, customer interest, purchasing and other trends among our users and guests, including you.
- Marketing and Promotions
We also use your personal information for the marketing and/or promotion of the YMCA, including its mission, impacts, products and services.
A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of data which is downloaded to and stored on your computer devices, such as a smartphone or tablet, when you visit a website.Cookies may collect personal information about you. Cookies help us remember information about your visit to our site, like your country, language and other settings. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which webpages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our site(s). They can also help us to operate our sites more efficiently and make your next visit easier by doing such things as: (i) remembering your username or password, maintaining a session, or staying logged in after a session has ended; (ii) recognizing how users engage with and navigate through the Services, how often they visit our Services, and other similar information; and (iii) for the purpose of displaying advertisements via retargeting to those users who may have demonstrated an interest in our Services.
Storage of Personal Information
YMCA of the Rockies securely stores your data at Estes Park Center. The servers upon which your data is stored are firewalled according to industry best practices, following strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorized access to it. While we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the internet to us and any such transmission is at your own risk.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers and others who help us operate our business or provide services on our behalf.
- Legal Purposes: We may share your information:
- to conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on the YMCA (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order, or discovery request);
- to enforce or apply our policies or agreements (including to bill and collect for amounts owed to us);
- to protect and defend our or our users’ rights or property, our websites, our employees, users, or the public, including fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of our website; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Your Choices and Data Protection Rights
You can make the following choices and requests regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive or by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications such as pre-arrival and stay-related correspondence.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us, you can remove yourself from our mailing list by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below and including “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. You have the right to request that we a) correct any information you believe is inaccurate, and b) complete information you believe is incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will delete such personal information to the extent required by law.
- Revocation of Consent. You have the right to revoke consent, or object, to specific processing of your personal information by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Access to Your Personal Information. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information we have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us with such request pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Data Portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the personal information we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
- Automated Decision-making. We do not engage in automated decision-making.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- California Residents. California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below. Additionally, in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to request the following information: 1) the categories of personal information that we have collected about that consumer, 2) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, 3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information, 4) the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and 5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about that consumer. Furthermore, if we disclose personal information for a business purpose, California residents have the right to request a) the categories of personal information that we collected about the consumer, and b) the categories of personal information that we disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose. If you are a California resident and would like to request any of the items listed above, please submit a verifiable written request to us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Protecting Your Information
To help maintain data accuracy, prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of, and ensure the appropriate use of your personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, or until an individual requests that we delete information about them, unless a longer retention period is required or is permitted by law. If you would like additional information concerning how long we keep a specific type of information, you can contact us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
YMCA of the Rockies will maintain the highest confidentiality standards for all donor files and records, including information provided online and offline. These files and records may be used only by YMCA of the Rockies, and its employees and agents, and will not be shared nor sold with any third party. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation. Unless given specific permission by the donor to publicize the details of a gift, the donor’s files and records will be held in strict confidence. Specific details of a donor’s giving history will not be shared, except for public recognition purposes, or as may otherwise be required by law.
- Aggregate Information
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our website whenever you visit us online. For instance, we may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our website (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when you request a page on our website, our servers automatically log your IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are browsing the internet.This aggregate information generally will not identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We may share this information with other companies that are providing direct support to the YMCA. When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you. If we do correlate any aggregate information to you, such information will be treated like any other personal information under this policy.
- Third-Party Vendors
We rely on third-party vendors to administer and deliver certain portions of our guest services. The individual information these vendors capture is proprietary and used exclusively by YMCA of the Rockies. A list of third-party vendors is available upon request.
- Links to Other Sites
- Third Party Tracking
We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., cookies) to collect information about your use of our website so that it can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites. You can opt out of receiving advertising based on your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
Right to Contact A Supervisory Authority
For data collected in the European Economic Area, (the “EEA”), you have the right to contact a supervisory authority in the EEA to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information.
How to Contact Us
Email Bill Almond:
Or send a letter to:
YMCA OF THE ROCKIES
Attn: Bill Almond
Director of Marketing & Sales
2515 Tunnel Road
Estes Park, CO 80511
Effective Date: January 6, 2020
For youth development
To promote youth development, YMCA of the Rockies offers day camp and overnight programs that enable kids to learn, grow and play together. While kids are at camp,parents have time to themselves and kids have the opportunity to create healthy relationships with their counselors and peers in a supportive and nurturing atmosphere.
For healthy living
To promote healthy living, YMCA of the Rockies offers miles and miles of hiking, biking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing trails on our properties. Adventure programming, sports facilities, outdoor education and youth conferences all add to our youth development focus. The Program Departments’ varied offerings include group and family activities to engage guests’ entire spirit, mind and body.
For social responsibility
To promote social responsibility, YMCA of the Rockies is committed to diversity and respect for all people by utilizing more than 50,000 volunteer hours every year, hosting more than 2,500 outdoor education students to instill in them stewardship of our earth, promoting global awareness through the international trainee program and supporting the Chaplains Departments’ religious education programming for youth and adults. Additionally, YMCA of the Rockies endeavors to operate its centers in an earth-friendly fashion with active recycling programs, sustainable architecture in new construction and active natural resource management plans.