Spring Break Eco Adventure at Estes Park
A family-fun spring break adventure!
This spring break join YMCA of the Rockies for family-fun adventure including a variety of nature-based programs, activities, crafts focused on experiencing and learning about ecology and environmentalism! From March 11 - 31, 2023 YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center will be offering interactive and engaging eco adventure activities for the whole family! In addition to special programming, enjoy all the YMCA of the Rockies has to offer during the beautiful spring-time including indoor swimming, indoor rock climbing, visits to the library and museum, guided hikes, recreation and much more! Don't forget, all the wildlife viewing!
SPRING BREAK ACTIVITIES & PROGRAMS:
- Walk in the Woods – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 1:30pm at Sweet Memorial.
- Nature Art Walk*– Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1pm at Mootz Family Craft and Design Center.
- Nature Photography Walk* – Wednesdays and Fridays, 1pm at Mootz Family Craft and Design Center.
- Nature Poemshare – March 13, 6:30pm at the Maude Jellison Library.
- Animal Detectives - Daily at 9:30am in Sweet Memorial.
- Nature Film: Rocky Mountain Beaver Pond – March 17 and 24, 7pm at the Maude Jellison Library..
- Composting 101 - Fridays and Saturdays, 10:30am at Sweet Memorial.
- Recycling Relay Races - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 2pm in the Longhouse.
- Solar Powered S'mores - Fridays and Saturdays, 1:45pm at Sweet Memorial.
- Fun "frozen" activities including, winter bird garlands, snow painting, frozen suncatchers, icicle penguin races, and nature programs that demonstrate how animals stay warm in the cold weather
*Sign-ups required. For a full list of program times, please check the Activity Guide. For questions or to register for activities, please call the Sweet Memorial Building, 970-586-3341 ext. 1104
BOOK YOUR SPRING GETAWAY TODAY!
Call or go online to book your cabin (2-5) bedrooms or choose a lodge room which includes two free breakfasts! To make a reservation, book online or give our reservation department a call at 888-613-9622.
Recently named “Best Family Resort in America” by USA Today’s 10Best Reader’s Choice Awards, YMCA of the Rockies is located on 800+ acres with three sides bordering Rocky Mountain National Park, providing the perfect landscape for family and friends to explore the Colorado Rockies!
With over 250 cabins and 9 lodge buildings, YMCA of the Rockies can accommodate all of your family vacation and group lodging needs. Lodge rooms start at a low price and can hold up to 6 people. They vary from hotel style rooms with a private bathroom & queen beds to bunk bed rooms (sleep 6) with private bathrooms. All come with linens & towels, but do not have cooking facilities. Private cabin rentals provide a home-away-from home feeling ranging in size from 2 bedroom – 5 bedroom, most having gas fireplaces. Pets are welcome in cabins and select lodge rooms, with an onsite dog park and pet-friendly hiking trails.
The state-of-the-art conference facilities are the perfect setting for family reunions, group retreats, non-profit and corporate conferences.
YMCA of the Rockies offers more on-site activities than anywhere else in Estes Park. Enjoy a variety of programs and activities, from guided hikes into Rocky Mountain National Park, indoor swimming, crafts, mini-golf, archery, horseback riding, roller skating, a museum, library and much more. Whether you’re coming simply to relax with family or have the time of your life, YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the place to unplug and connect with nature!