Snow Mountain Ranch Stage 2 Fire Ban
June 24, 2021
Grand County enters a Stage 2 fire ban on June 25, 2021. Find all the information you need to know here.
Stage 2 Fire Ban
Due to current wildfire danger, Grand County is entering a Stage 2 Fire Ban starting June 25, 2021. This could affect your stay with us at Snow Mountain Ranch, and we want to make sure you are informed about any changes to your trip. Under Stage 2 Fire Restrictions, the following rules are in place:
- No open flames of any kind (including campfires in an established fire ring), indoor wood-burning fireplaces, and charcoal grills
- Fireworks are prohibited anywhere on property
- No smoking anywhere on property except within an enclosed personal vehicle
- No operation of any internal or external combustion engine without a properly installed spark arresting device
- Gas-fueled appliances such as stoves, gas grills, gas lanterns, gas-fueled fireplaces, and heating devices that can be shut off are permitted if used in a barren area or cleared of all flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
These restrictions are consistent with those put in place by Grand County to reduce the risk of human-caused wildfires. Improperly doused or misplaced fires are the leading cause of wildfires. Thank you for your cooperation in our efforts to keep Snow Mountain Ranch and Grand County a safe place for our guests and staff.
Help prevent wildfires and become a steward of public lands by checking the official local source for the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests.